Kids can be hard to shop for, especially if you’re looking for the perfect tech gifts for your young family members. It can sometimes be hard to find out what’s age-appropriate, what’s cool, and what’s useful. So, in this article, we’re going to focus on the youngest members of your family.
Here are some of the high-tech gifts for your youngest family members:
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition. This tablet offers a collection of activities that are designed to engage, challenge, and entertain your child. The HD 8 Kids Edition boasts 8 hours of battery life, which is more than enough for a young kid and is available in two vibrant colors, blue and orange. The HD 8 Kids Edition contains games, videos, and other kid-friendly material. Some of the games on the device are Plants vs. Zombies HD, Peppa Pig: Peppa’s Big Fun Party, Disney’s Frozen, and Peppa’s Very Very Fun Bus. The Amazon Fire HD 8 Kids Edition also allows kids to access Netflix, Nick Jr, Sesame Street, and more.
- Puro Sound Labs PuroQuiets Noise-Canceling Headphones. PuroQuiets Noise-Canceling Headphones are the perfect gift for a young family member who has everything. PuroQuiets are the only headphones that block external noise, making them the perfect gift for the child (or adult) with a busy schedule that needs to drown out all of the noise around them.
- Verizon GizmoWatch 2. The Verizon GizmoWatch 2 is a smartwatch, but it’s not your usual smartwatch. It doesn’t have the same features as an Apple Watch or Android Wear smartwatch, but it has some special features that make it stand out from the pack. For example, its unique look makes it look like a watch, not a high-tech device, like others in its class.
- Amazon Echo Glow. The Echo is one of the most popular smart home devices for many reasons. The Amazon Echo is one of the most affordable offerings in the smart home market; it has lots of features, including access to Amazon’s huge library of music and videos, a built-in speaker, and Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant to control your home. It also can connect to third-party smart home devices like Nest. The Echo is also a fun gift idea for kids, teens, and adults, especially if you have a tradition of getting new tech toys for the holidays.
- VTech KidiZoom PrintCam. The new device is the Kidizoom PrintCam, and it’s a camera that lets your child take pictures by using the print and copy function. The PrintCam is easy to use, just install some print & copy software and plug in the device. The camera has a 2.4-inch screen, so you and your child can see their pictures as they’re taking them.
- Force1 UFO 4000 Mini Drone – The Force1 UFO 4000 Mini Drone has been a bestseller on Amazon for a few years now, and for a good reason: it’s a smart little drone with a host of features and capabilities that make it fun to use. That said, it’s not perfect, and the vast majority of our reviews have noted the limitations that keep it from being the best mini drone on the market.
- Artie 3000 – For the nascent (or burgeoning) tech lover in your family, your best bet is to go with a gift that supports their interests. But you may not be sure what those interests are or what to expect from a gift of tech. With this in mind, the Artee 3000 can be a great gift for your youngest family members. The Artee 3000 is a compact whiteboard that can be configured to have a tablet-like user interface. The Artee 3000 is great for drawing but also sports a projector that can be used for presentations, gaming, and other activities.
- BOTZEES AR Coding Robot for Kids – BOTZEES AR is a talking coding robot designed to help kids learn how to code. It uses the Amazon Alexa service to respond to kids’ coding questions and then immediately triggers the Apple Watch for further instructions. The BOTZEES AR comes with a free coding app for Android and iOS. The app helps kids learn the basics of coding (algorithm and logic), and when they reach the level of coding where they can make the robot speak, it is then introduced to further coding.
As we age, so do the technology needs of our youngest family members. With the number of millennials making up nearly half of the population, if you’re looking to keep the millennials in your life engaged, then this is the gift guide for you.